Vehicles for Care, a Movement for Health
CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinics fill a healthcare void by providing direct access for men, women and children that might otherwise remain excluded from care. The Mobile Clinics reach medically under-served and often hard-to-reach segments of the population, many of whom go undiagnosed for major health problems until health issues become critical.
Two Mobile Clinics Deliver Care Virtually Anywhere
Working with a generous individual and CHRISTUS Corporate Partner, Allegiance Bank, CHRISTUS Foundation added a second Healthy Living Mobile Clinic. The new Healthy Living Mobile Clinic will immediately head out into the community and begin caring for the under-served throughout greater Houston.
FY 2016 Results
- 21,428 men, women and children received care.
- 3,483 seniors were cared for at senior clinic sites.
- 2,973 vision and hearing screenings were administered.
- 8,472 at risk clients were immunized from influenza.
- 8,788 children received vaccinations and health screenings to protect against childhood diseases.
- Health assessments
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Financial assistance in the form of low- or no-cost services and prescriptions
- Education in basic nutrition, prenatal health, oral health, and women’s and men’s health
- Preventative and case-management services Referral programs for vision, hearing and dental services