Vehicles for Care, a Movement for Health
CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinics fill a healthcare void by providing direct access for men, women and children that might otherwise remain excluded from care. The Mobile Clinics reach medically under-served and often hard-to-reach segments of the population, many of whom go undiagnosed for major health problems until health issues become critical.
Two Mobile Clinics Deliver Care Virtually Anywhere
Working with a generous individual and CHRISTUS Corporate Partner, Allegiance Bank, CHRISTUS Foundation added a second Healthy Living Mobile Clinic. The new Healthy Living Mobile Clinic will immediately head out into the community and begin caring for the under-served throughout greater Houston.
Did you know CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinic…
- cared for 25,866 men, women and children in 2017.
- cared for 5,519 seniors at senior clinic sites.
- administered 3,221 vision and hearing screenings.
- immunized 8,194 at risk clients from influenza.
- provided 1,000 children with vaccinations and health screenings to protect against childhood diseases.
- Health assessments
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Financial assistance in the form of low- or no-cost services and prescriptions
- Education in basic nutrition, prenatal health, oral health, and women’s and men’s health
- Preventative and case-management services Referral programs for vision, hearing and dental services