Feeding Minds, Bodies and Spirits
Every day is a struggle for individuals suffering from mental illnesses and chemical addictions. CHRISTUS Our Daily Bread provides guidance and structure to clients who are homeless, assisting them as they develop a plan of action to break the cycles of addiction and despair.
Serving up Compassion and Hot Meals
Clients at the center are provided nutritious meals, clean clothing, the necessities of personal hygiene and a structured recovery program. To men and women suffering from addictions to alcohol and drugs, licensed social workers offer assessments, individual and group counseling and referrals for treatment. Clients also have access to daily 12-step meetings and chemical dependency educational groups.
FY 2016 Results
- 20,907 meals were prepared, served and thankfully enjoyed.
- 590 attended mental health education group session.
- 1,890 individual counseling sessions were provided.
- 5,727 attendees to Alcoholic Anonymous and Narcotic Anonymous meetings.
- 6,308 volunteer hours of time and talents given to people who are homeless.
CHRISTUS Our Daily Bread staff members and volunteers assist clients in –
- Confronting the causes of homelessness, addiction and other pertinent disabilities of the mind and body
- Getting nutritious meals, clean clothing, the necessities of personal hygiene
- Gaining admission to a structured recovery program
- Nurturing hope and creating possibility