Care for Those with Limited Income
CHRISTUS Point of Light Clinic is located in a medically under-served community 30 miles southeast of Houston in Dickinson, Texas. Led by family practitioner, Sister Ricca Dimalibot, M.D., and family nurse practitioner, Andres Gil, MSN, RN, NP-C, the Clinic opened in 1989 in response to a growing need for healthcare providers in a low-income area between Houston and Galveston. Twenty-eight years later, the Clinic continues to provide quality, affordable healthcare to thousands of men, women and children annually.
I Know Point of Light Will Take Care of Me
“My Name is W, I am 64 years old and I am unable to work because of my health. I don’t qualify for Medicare, Medicaid or Disability. I basically fall between the cracks when it comes to access to healthcare. About three years ago, I found Point of Light Clinic, and since then, whenever I get into trouble with my health, I know Dr. Ricca will take care of me and keep me out of the hospital.”
Did you know CHRISTUS Point of Light Clinic…
- served 5,740 patients for their primary care.
- administered vaccinations to 897 patients to protect them from influenza.
- provided 121 women with Well Women examinations.
- Family Medicine
- Flu, Pneumonia and Tetanus vaccinations
- Pediatrics (2 years of age and older) – Well and Sick visits
- Well adult exams
- Respiratory and urinary tract infections
- Minor injuries
- Screening and care for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other chronic illness