Keeping Children Healthy
When you give to CHRISTUS School Clinics, you make a major difference in the lives of children in our community. Each year, 20 CHRISTUS School Clinics are called upon more than 6,000 times to care for children at school – where they spend the greatest portion of their day.
Telemedicine Increases Capacity to Serve
CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare recently unveiled an innovative telemedicine program that has recently expanded to serve 19 out of our 20 CHRISTUS School Clinics. Via laptop computers, medical assistants working at School Clinics can connect with CHRISTUS family nurse practitioners and physicians. These healthcare professionals can see what a school’s medical assistant sees, ask students questions, provide real-time diagnosis and even prescriptions.
Words from a Working Parent
“Many times we have to wait and take them to an emergency care place on the weekend, just so we don’t get financially penalized for missing work. I thank God for CHRISTUS School clinics. I have such great relief knowing my children will not suffer because they can go to the school clinic when they are sick and I don’t have to miss work and income to take them to the doctor.”
FY 2016 Results
- 15,416 On-Campus Medical and Counseling Visits
- 411 children were vaccinated against influenza.
- 1,359 vision and hearing screenings were administered.
- 1,895 prescriptions were written for medications.
Vital On-Campus Services
- Direct healthcare to students and families
- Leadership for the provision of health-related services
- Screening and referral for health conditions
- Leadership in promoting health and a healthy school environment
- Leadership in developing health policies and programs
- Liaisons among school personnel, family, community and other healthcare providers