Care for the Uninsured in South Houston
Directed by Sister Rosanne Popp, M.D., CHRISTUS St. Mary’s Clinic provides vital healthcare services to low-income patients in an under-served Houston community near Interstate 45 South and Wayside Drive. St. Mary’s also serves as homebase for the CHRISTUS Healthy Neighborhoods Initiative. Collaborating with CHRISTUS Healthy Living Mobile Clinics and CHRISTUS School-based Clinics.
St. Mary’s Clinic is a Godsend
Sarah, one of Sister Rosanne Popp, M.D.’s patients explains, “Before I found CHRISTUS St. Mary’s Clinic, I thought I was going to have to live the rest of my life feeling as if someone is sitting on my chest. I’m 50 years old, I don’t have extra money to see a doctor or buy asthma medication. St. Mary’s Clinic is a Godsend, I am now able regularly visit a doctor who I can afford, the Clinic helped me find medication to control my asthma. This is the first time in my life that I can take a breath and not wheeze. Thank you for helping me manage and live with asthma.”
FY 2016 Results
- $2,930,698 worth of medications helped 2,127 patients through the Prescription Assistance Program.
- 268 patients received vaccinations to protect them from influenza.
- 1,173 women received Well Women examinations.
- 3,371 routine general medical exams were administered.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Menstrual Problems
- Back and joint pain
- Minor injuries
- Thyroid, kidney, liver and heart disorders
- *NEW* Chiropractic Services