Keeping Children Healthy
When you give to CHRISTUS School Clinics, you make a major difference in the lives of children in our community. Each year, 19 CHRISTUS School Clinics are called upon more than 6,000 times to care for children at school – where they spend the greatest portion of their day.
Telemedicine Increases Capacity to Serve
CHRISTUS Foundation for HealthCare uses an innovative telemedicine program in all CHRISTUS School Clinics. Via laptop computers, medical assistants working at School Clinics can connect with CHRISTUS family nurse practitioners and physicians. These healthcare professionals can see what a school’s medical assistant sees, ask students questions, provide real-time diagnosis and even prescriptions.
Words from a Working Parent
“Many times we have to wait and take them to an emergency care place on the weekend, just so we don’t get financially penalized for missing work. I thank God for CHRISTUS School clinics. I have such great relief knowing my children will not suffer because they can go to the school clinic when they are sick and I don’t have to miss work and income to take them to the doctor.”
Did you know CHRISTUS School Clinics…
- provided 12,934 on-campus medical and counseling patient encounters in 2017.
- vaccinated 204 children against influenza.
- administered 1,170 over the counter prescriptions and 210 sports physicals.
|Assumption Catholic School, PK3-8
Cristo Rey Jesuit College Prep
Holy Ghost School, PK3-8
Our Lady of Fatima, Galena Park, PK3-6
Our Lady of Fatima, Texas City, PK3-8
Our Lady of Guadalupe School, PK3-8
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, PK3-8
Queen of Peace, PK3-8
Resurrection School, PK3-8
St. Francis of Assisi, PK3-8
|St. Augustine School, PK3-8
St. Christopher, PK3-8
St. Mary of the Purification, PK3-5
St. Peter the Apostle, PK3-8
St. Pius V, PK3-8
Yellowstone Academy, Inc.
Houston Can Academy- Northside
Houston Can Academy- Greater Hobby Area
Houston Can Academy- Southwest
- Select a map marker to access address, contact information and Google Maps directions.
- Encircled numbers on the map indicate clusters of markers. Select a number to reveal individual markers within a cluster.
- Zoom in with a double-click/tap or a two finger pinch out. Zoom out with a right click or a two finger pinch in. Or use the map’s zoom controls if present.
- Pan around with a drag of your mouse, a swipe of your finger, or with the map’s pan controls if present.
Vital On-Campus Services
- Direct healthcare to students and families
- Leadership for the provision of health-related services
- Screening and referral for health conditions
- Leadership in promoting health and a healthy school environment
- Leadership in developing health policies and programs
- Liaisons among school personnel, family, community and other healthcare providers